BOOKING TERMS & CONDITIONS – May 2020
- Payment of Rental: Deposits are charged at the rate of £100 per cottage per week (for TT bookings £200 per cottage per week). In the event of cancellation DEPOSITS are non-refundable. The BALANCE of rental will be due for payment in full no later than 8 weeks prior to arrival date. For TT bookings, the balance of rental will be due for payment on 1st December of the year preceding the event. Bookings made within the 8 weeks prior to arrival will be asked to pay the full rental at the time of booking. Guests should always consider taking out travel insurance to cover the possibility of having to cancel the booking. A Booking Notice/ Vat Invoice will be sent to you before payment of both the Deposit and Balance of the rental falls due. Where Vat applies to the property rental it is included in the quoted price at the prevailing rate. We reserve the right to vary the rental should the Vat rate change at any time up to the date when the balance of rental is due for payment.
- Payments can be made via PayPal or direct Bank Transfer.
- Cancellations; Once a Booking Notice has been issued you are responsible for the full rental charge shown on the Notice. It is entirely your own responsibility to arrange any cancellation insurance cover. If you need to cancel your holiday you must inform us as soon as possible.
- (i) Cancellations of bookings made more than 8 weeks prior to arrival can be made but the Deposit will be forfeited.
- (ii) Cancellations made 8 weeks or less prior to arrival can be made but you remain responsible for full payment of the full rental charge. Reasonable efforts will be made to re-let the property and if successful any rental paid will be refunded net of the Deposit which will be forfeited. If the property is not successfully re-let then no refund will be made.
- Arrival & departures; Cottages are available from 4pm until 10am on the day of departure. We do offer early checkin or late checkout @ £50 each, when availability permits – please enquire.
- Maximum occupancy; Under no circumstances may more than 4 persons (or 5 in the case of Sunset View) including children, occupy 1 farm cottage. The Owner reserves the right to refuse admittance if this condition is not observed. We are unable to accept children under the age of 5 years or any dogs in either Harvest or Lavender Cottages. See our Dogs policy at 8 below.
- No Smoking; Our farm cottages are strictly non-smoking. Smoking is not permitted anywhere on Ballacamaish Farm, whether inside or outside, by guests or any visitors. Please ensure that all members of your party are aware of this policy.
- What is included in the rental; the provision of all bed linen, tea towels and all heating/hot water charges. Personal towels are not included but can be provided on request at a rate of £5 per person.
- DOGS: We welcome up to 2 pet or Assistance Dogs in Sunset View ONLY. Rules; 1. Dogs must not be allowed on any furniture/beds or be left alone in Sunset View at any time, unless in the owner’s own cage. 2. Dogs must be kept on a lead on the farm when outside the enclosed garden, until an off lead exercise area has been agreed with Sara. The long driveway and internal lane on the farm provides ample ‘on site’ walking. 3. All dog poo must be picked up and conveyed by owners to the local dog bin on the edge of the village, never placed in the brown bin. 4. Dogs must not be allowed to enter either Harvest or Lavender Cottages. 5. A water bowl will be provided but otherwise owners need to bring their own dog bedding etc 6. No responsibility will be taken for the behaviour or whereabouts of any dogs staying with guests. 7. A charge of £40 will apply to each booking and must be made in advance.
- General care; For the whole of your stay you will be expected to take all reasonable care of the accommodation. The cottage and all utensils must be left in a clean and tidy condition at the end of your stay. Any damage should be reported to the Owner during your stay. We reserve the right to claim compensation from you in the event of any significant damage. Any equipment failures should also be notified to the Owner as soon as possible during your stay. We accept responsibility for fair wear and tear. Guests are required to co-operate fully with arrangements for re-cycling and rubbish disposal.
- Non Resident Visitors: are welcome to call on our Guests, provided that they are either local residents or staying in other paid accommodation. Camper vans will not generally be admitted – please ask in advance.
- Data Protection: We only retain the contact information you provide during the booking process for the minimum period necessary for us to comply with our legal obligations for tax purposes. We never share that information with third parties and we never use it for marketing. We will also retain your contact details for 2 months following your visit in case they are required by IOM DHSC for Covid 19 track & trace purposes. For more information please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- COVID 19 We are complying with the Self Catering Guidance document issued by DfE/Visit Isle of Man on 22nd May 2020 in relation to the Covid 19 pandemic. This means that (a) All guests in a single cottage MUST be from the same household. (b) additional cleaning and sanitizing measures will be undertaken to provide our guests with the highest possible level of safety (c) your contact details will be retained for 2 months following your visit in case they are required by IOM DHSC for track & trace purposes. Please continue to observe the 2m social distancing rule at all times and wash hands frequently. Any guests who develop symptoms during their stay must notify Sara and vacate the property immediately to return to their own home to commence 14 days of self isolation. If you have any questions or concerns please do not hesitate to speak to Sara (07624 488313)