BOOKING TERMS & CONDITIONS – January 2021
- Payment of Rental: DEPOSITS are charged at the rate of £100 per cottage per week. The BALANCE of rental will be due for payment in full no later than 8 weeks prior to arrival date. Bookings made within the 8 weeks prior to arrival will be asked to pay the full rental at the time of booking. Guests should always take out travel insurance to cover the possibility of having to cancel the booking. A Booking Notice/ Vat Invoice will be sent to you as soon as possible once a booking has been made and this will include our bank details. Where Vat applies to the property rental it is included in the quoted price at the prevailing rate. We reserve the right to vary the rental should the Vat rate change at any time up to the date when the balance of rental is due for payment.
- Payments: can be made via PayPal or direct Bank Transfer. Our bank details will be included on the Booking Notice that we send out once you have made a booking. We respond to bookings as soon as possible, generally immediately 9am – 9pm. (Please ignore the message printed on booking confirmations about paying the Deposit ‘within an hour’ – we have no control over this wording!)
(a) In the event of any travel restrictions (Covid 19 or any similar pandemic virus) being imposed by the Uk and/or IOM Governments which prevent travel to or around the Isle of Man, all monies (ie Deposit and any Balance paid) will be refunded in full unless the Guest chooses to book alternative dates.
(b) At all other times by Guests; Once a Booking Notice has been issued you are responsible for the full rental charge shown on the Notice. It is entirely your own responsibility to arrange any cancellation insurance cover. If you need to cancel your holiday you must inform us as soon as possible.
(i) Cancellations of bookings made more than 8 weeks prior to arrival can be made but the Deposit will be forfeited.
(ii) Cancellations made 8 weeks or less prior to arrival can be made but you remain responsible for full payment of the full rental charge. Reasonable efforts will be made to re-let the property and if successful any rental paid will be refunded net of the Deposit which will be forfeited. If the property is not successfully re-let then no refund will be made.
- Arrival & departures; Cottages will be available from 4pm until 10am on the day of departure. Please vacate promptly to allow time for our enhanced Covid 19 cleaning regime.
- Maximum occupancy; Strictly only 4 persons (Sunset View 5) including children, may occupy the farm cottage. The Owner reserves the right to refuse admittance if this condition is not observed. We are unable to accept children under the age of 5 years. Up to 2 dogs are permitted, provided they are pre-booked.
- No Smoking; Our farm cottages are strictly non-smoking. Smoking is not permitted anywhere on Ballacamaish Farm, whether inside or outside, by guests or any visitors. Please ensure that all members of your party are aware of this policy.
- What is included in the rental; the provision of all bed linen, tea towels and all heating/hot water charges. Personal towels are not included and we ask that you bring your own with you, at this time.
- DOGS: we welcome up to 2 pet or Assistance dogs, in Sunset View ONLY. Rules are as follows; Dogs must not be allowed on any furniture/beds or be left alone at any time, unless in the owner’s own cage. 2. Dogs must be kept on a lead on the farm when outside the enclosed garden, until an off lead exercise area has been agreed with Sara. (The long driveway and internal lane on the farm provides ample ‘on site’ walking.) 3. All dog poo must be picked up and conveyed by owners to the local dog bin on the edge of the village, never placed in the brown bin. 4. Dogs must not be allowed to enter either Harvest or Lavender Cottages. 5. A water bowl is provided but otherwise owners need to bring their own dog bedding & equipment 6. No responsibility will be taken for the behaviour or whereabouts of any dogs staying with guests. 7. A single charge of £40 will apply to each booking and dogs must be booked in advance of arrival.
- General care; For the whole of your stay you will be expected to take all reasonable care of the accommodation. The cottage and all utensils must be left in a clean and tidy condition at the end of your stay. Any damage should be reported to the Owner during your stay. We reserve the right to claim compensation from you in the event of any significant damage. Any equipment failures should also be notified to the Owner as soon as possible during your stay. We accept responsibility for fair wear and tear. Guests are required to co-operate fully with arrangements for re-cycling and rubbish disposal.
- Non Resident Visitors: are welcome to call on our Guests, provided that they are either local residents or staying in other paid accommodation and do not bring any pets with them . Camper vans will not generally be admitted – please ask in advance.
- Data Protection: We only retain the contact information you provide during the booking process for the minimum period necessary for us to comply with our legal obligations for tax purposes. We never share that information with third parties and we never use it for marketing. For more information please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org